"Limits"
Dear Sarah,
I'm a worrier, it's that simple. It's not really that Important and I know you don't care. It's why I wrote a letter, so you can read it when you want since you hate texting so much.
Highschool's almost over now... It's hard for me to think about, I think deep down it's why I am the way I am when it comes to you— when it comes to love in general.
We all pretend as if we're all going to be here together after graduation and casually run into each other in college and still have the same bonds, and yet despite such a vivid illusion, that's all it is. In a few months, we'll all slowly forget about each other one way or another, we'll stay in touch a lot at first and it'll drift naturally and die; like a battery people are too lazy to charge. It's just how the world works now. With that constantly weighing over every single bond I choose to form with someone, a bond like yours I can honestly say I haven't encountered before. Not even in a romantic way that would sicken you as usual, when comparing the bonds, ours is something truly unique and special to me. All the countless dollars we'd spend on energy drinks, the semi-reliable emotional support which is magically still just as helpful, you nearly burning your lungs out on the couch, or the time I was too afraid to tell you just how beautiful you looked in your dress at prom, all the times we tried to sit through The Imitation Game together, the way you make being a loser enjoyable— we'll never be able to have that back when we're adults.... And even though there's still some months left the knowledge that it's going to disappear just makes me want to make the most of it even then some. Causing a love for you to be inevitable. And I know, I know, there's too much wrong with me I get it. I do. I just can't stand to spend these last few moments with you alone when it's likely to be the last moments and memories we're ever going to have together. Why not just live and be free, and just have all this fun being together since it'll only be for a little while.
Then there's still that old cliché where highschool is supposed to be the "best time of our lives"...
If I can at least spend some of that remaining time with you, that decade old statement would actually be true.
No comments:
Post a Comment