Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Doomer Heart

Time continues always moving further
Flowers wilt and decay without nurture
Stuck in place as this stone rolls over me
My Flesh melts liquidized into the sea
My bones fall further beneath Earth's dirt crust 
Motivations stop, stuck with Mars-like rust 
Sunflowers planted around our tombstone.
Only one left it lives on now alone.
Rain bleeds through enough to break her dead skin
It walks away; the flowers decay sets in
She goes home and in my spot puts Band-Aids
All of them too small to fit where I laid
Rising from the dirt I shed my scales through
As my blood gets cold I feel more like you
Unfinished brains made fresh out of clay
You are not a person, just a delay.
A hole in my chest and it's shaded black 
Dead or alive I just want my heart back 
This lack of pain makes me feel distressed.
So much is missing that can't be expressed.
If you never felt it, could you miss it?
Sisyphus, you new god of love, I quit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment