Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Blight Town

Why do I live here? This place is so decrepit a broken down. It’d be better if this place didn't exist at all. Just the name of the place shows they weren’t even trying to make it enjoyable here. I sit here all alone, no one to distract me, no one to save me from myself. Just my thoughts. All my emotions have vanished or gotten eaten up by that thing again. It wasn’t always so horrible to live here. Back when Happiness ran the command center of everything. The colors were so bright and vibrant. Bright rose red and deep nightshade purple. Those were my favorites. Now in times like this there is only gray and black everything. No more roses and no more nightshades. It all started when that thing first moved here. That day everything lost a little color. Eventually all the flowers started to wilt. My happiness, it tried to fend off this dark monster who called himself depression but nothing worked. Happiness even became violent to try and get him to go away and it did nothing but scar me in the process. Now it’s too late. Happiness is gone for good. She won’t ever come back. It killed her. Without her there’s nothing I can do. Happiness used to leave occasionally for maybe a month or two at a time. But I could survive those times, back then I knew it would be able to come back. Now all I have left are the memories of it. But most times those memories only hurt because I’m reminded that she’s gone now. Thinking back on it Happiness wasn’t always the same either. In the beginning she had this rainbow of hair colors and shiny green eyes. Then as time went on that image faded she went grey for a while and I don’t remember seeing happiness much. Once I saw her again she had deep purple hair this time. Instead of green, her eyes were now this beautiful ocean blue. But by then Depression had already moved in. I think my favorite memory of happiness is when she had half blonde, half blue hair. With blue eyes again but more like the sky than the ocean. None of that matters anymore; all of that’s in the past, this monster controls me completely now. Regulating anything you could imagine, how much I eat, how much I sleep, how much I drink. It dictates whether or not I should even feel happy anymore. Somehow he’s gained the ability to mimic all my old emotions, even Happiness herself. He can act like everything’s okay when it’s not in any way. What I hate more is when he’s in a really sadistic mood he cuts me. Over and over until there’s so much blood I could hardly breathe. Doesn’t even use a knife or a razor. He uses the things that hurt worse like my own fingernails or a thick piece of metal from a mechanical pencil. It’s like there’s no way out. The door back to a happy world is sealed completely. The only key to unlock it I’ve found, is death.

No comments:

Post a Comment