Tuesday, August 1, 2023

The Duchess

You're late. You're late.
Where have you been?

I am Lost in a cycle
Constitution running thin.

Forgive me duchess. Forgive me.
I do not know how to
make it stop. I am sick
But loyal to you above all. 

No one told you to speak
Your words waste
precious time,
money 

I plead, I plead, if I must
To stop and smell 
That pollen dust. 
Passing through the air.

This will not do. This will not do.
Hurry on. To your 
post I will not
tell you
again. 

It's such a waste for hints of joy
To go unnoticed

The cycle must go on
Absent of freedom.

Go into your cargo hold. 
Good boy sit down. Take a moment breathe.Times up,
 what are you doing? 
Run back to your post
again. 

You're full of malice
And nothing short of cruel
You give me no chance
To come out of this
Alive. 

Get out. Get out. 
Enough of this mess. 
You're greedy , ungrateful,
I've given you plenty to spare

Deceitful, delusional, duchess 
I am trappes at your mercy
My heart aches 
My soles 
raw. 

Moving on, moving on
Whether you like it or not

I can not stop, I will not stop
The Duchess keeps her schedule

Here I Go, here I go.
Doing my best to
Catch up. Just
To hear I 
Am late
Again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment