Monday, September 1, 2025

Grass

The front porch creaks once more 
Weight within the rocking throne settles

Inhale 

Look out to the edge of the street. 
Exterior silence, one sound remains.

Exhale

Unworthy blood boils, This freedom
Belongs not to me. Gentle 

Inhale

Winds tussle the grass
Like they just got home 

Exhale

It's all wrapped around my finger 
My Oyster, barely cooked 

Inhale

Something does not smell right 
Is it spoiled? No. Fresh as can be

Exhale

The grass needs cut again. 
That's all there is I suppose 

Inhale

They would kill for this seat.
Who wouldn't? It's perfect

Exhale

Right? Still doesn't feel mine 
Did I miss something else?

Inhale

My shape etched into the throne
Why isn't loving it all enough? 

Exhale

The winds pick up
Grass hugging the ground to stay

Inhale 

Insatiable wretch, 
Pitiful, weak, unworthy mongrels

Exhale

You did it. Everything, You
Won. "Congratulations Champ

Inhale 

I am so proud of you."
Was this really meant 

Exhale

To be mine? So soon.
Winds returns, softly

Inhale

Let's go cut the grass.
Don't hurt the flowers.

Exhale





No comments:

Post a Comment