Moments in time are definite. You can see, hear, feel and live Everything in that moment. From there all you're left with is a memory. This strength of this memory all depends on the value the observer associates with it. The strongest of these memories are the lowest of lows and the highest of highs.
For me, one of the strongest would be a collection of all the days I sat by the window looking out over the street waiting and waiting. Watching each car pass by just yearning for one of them to by the green Jeep my father drove. Hours would go by. He didn't show, once again. This was a very common occurrence. I was a chore to him, easy to forget about and seemingly painful to spend time with. My mom would always have to make excuses for him. Making up reasons for why he would never show or live up to his promises. I was 5 years old that day.
That's a low that has defined me whether I like it or not it's had one of the strongest influences into what I've turned into. As is for most people there aren't that many highs to life. So we have to hang on to them while they last. Why try and wipe away one of the few happy memories we're granted with keeping? It can be a silver lining to look for, passing a random murder shed that gets a laugh out of me, and Probably the scariest of all simply just people. Humans can easily be what defines a great memory from a horrible one. It's a coin flip really. The universe is ever so uncertain. It's been very good to me recently. I've suddenly gained more joyous memories to relish over in the last 48 hours than I've received in the last couple months all together. And that's all thanks to one simple thread. It's truly an anomaly how intense of an impact in people's lives that one day, one thing, one movie, or even one joke is able to make. We really do have to appreciate the little things if we're going to keep ourselves happy in this war-torn, starvation riddled world of ours. So, thank you universe. It's been a long time since you've been this good to me. Of all people I certainly don't deserve it. I just hope I can return the favor for other humans someday.
Friday, June 16, 2017
The Little Things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment